How to Remove High Traffic Stains from Carpet
TLDR: Stains in high traffic areas of your home are quite common on carpet due to various factors such as children or plain accidents. You can remove virtually any type of high traffic stain from your carpet by using a combination of water, vinegar, and baking soda. This method is less harmful than most commercial carpet cleaning processes and is much more affordable.
No one likes having to deal with accidental spills or stains on their carpet. Oftentimes, certain variables in your environment will increase the likelihood of carpet becoming stained over time. For example, people who have small children will deal with issues of spills & stains much more than someone who lives alone. Regardless of how stains materialize on your carpet, there is one fact that remains. That is the fact that you’ll have to find a way to get rid of the stains.
To do so, there are several different methods & techniques that you can use to effectively remove set-in stains. If you’re someone who has been dealing with pesky stains on your carpet or any other fabric inside of your home, you’ve come to the right place.
How to remove high traffic stains on the carpet
Removing very hard & set-in stains from high-traffic areas in your home can be quite challenging. The good news is that you don’t have to resort to hiring a professional carpet cleaning company in order to successfully remove them. There are plenty of at-home remedies that you can create yourself that are highly effective at removing hard stains from high-traffic areas.
Here is a recipe for a high traffic stain removing solution that you can make at-home today:
- Baking Soda- aids in dissolving stains which makes them easier to lift from your carpeting
- Cup of white vinegar- vinegar is a powerful degreasing agent which is great for tough stains
- Cup of warm water- water is used to assist in loosening dirt which helps remove deep stains from your carpet
- Liquid soap- liquid soap combines grease-fighting action and dirt loosening capabilities to deliver powerful stain removal
Once you have all of these items collected, you will need to mix them together in order to create the cleaning solution needed to effectively remove stains. Look at the steps below so you can learn how to combine these ingredients for your high traffic stain remover.
High traffic stain remover mixing & usage instructions:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bucket except for the baking soda
- Next, you want to sprinkle a layer of baking soda over the affected area on your carpet
- After that, you need to spray the homemade cleaning solution over the affected area on the carpet which will help the baking soda begin to work
- Wait for a reaction to occur, once it has finished you want to blot away all of the stains using a towel
- Next, you need to clean your carpet by blotting it with a clean wet cloth
- Make sure you get all of the cleaning solution & stains when cleaning ups your carpet so that no residue is left behind
- Dry the now clean area by blotting it with a dry towel
After you’ve successfully completed all of these steps, you will be left with a clean carpet that is completely rid of all stains.
Aftercare for high-traffic carpet areas
After you’ve successfully cleaned your carpet, you need to prevent future stains from developing. To do so, there are a few important steps and processes that you should apply to your newly cleaned carpet after successfully removing stains.
Here are some useful after-care tips that you can use to ensure your carpet remains free of stains:
- Wait a short period of time like an hour or two before walking on your carpet after it has been cleaned
- Clean all of the spills & stains that affect your carpet immediately once you notice them
- Try not to wear shoes on your newly cleaned carpet however you should avoid walking on it barefoot also
- Vacuum your carpet on a regular basis to cut down on the possibility of dirt accumulating in it’s fabric once it’s been cleaned
One of the primary advantages of using a homemade carpet cleaning solution is that you can avoid harmful chemicals like bleach which is commonly used in commercial carpet cleaning products. Homemade carpet cleaning solutions are also much safer for use around pets & small children so you won’t have to worry about impacting the quality of life your family experiences.
People Also Ask
Is vinegar bad for carpet?
Vinegar is a very acidic solution that makes it most effective for removing stains such as wine or pet urine. You should avoid using vinegar on less alkaline stains.
Does baking soda ruin carpet?
Baking soda can be used as a great deodorizer for your carpet however when it’s allowed to collect in your carpet fibers it can stay for a very long time.
Does DW 40 remove carpet stains?
WD 40 can be used to remove ink stains and other spills however it should be used in combination with a dedicated carpet cleaning agent.
You can use all of the information we’ve given you in this article to rid your carpet of pesky stains no matter how deep they are in your carpet fibers. Follow all of these steps and use the tips in this article to keep your carpet looking fresh.
Ready to Book Your Appointment?
Table of Contents
Other Blogs You May Be Interested In